I am so glad you are here. For, this contentx on why you need a website to sell is Gold and you will thank me by the end of this post.
Here I have listed my top 10 reasons why you need a website to sell.
I started as a Facebook seller as well. I got few of my products and started to sell on a Facebook buy & sell group while my members were online.
Two months down the line I was drained by the constant online presence it demanded from my end. And I couldn’t keep up to it. I often found myself to be stressed.
Let’s face it. An entrepreneur means wearing different hats on different occasions– stocking up your inventory, maintaining a database, answering pre-sales queries, to confirm orders, follow up with customers, receive payments, confirm invoice, pack the products, ship them, send back the tracking details. Once the product is received, check for feedback and then deal with returns/ refunds in case of damages during shipment.
Add a baby and family to the mix, it gets exhaustive.
And that is why you need a website. Here are my 10 reasons why should get your own website ASAP.
- It saves time – a lot of your family time. You have an online inventory which can never go wrong. That way you clearly define your stock count, sell only the products you have in stock, be notified when you run low on stock to refill it perfectly
- You don’t have to be online 24*7 to drive sales, it happens even when you are asleep.
- You can mention all the necessary details on your product description. That way you don’t have to answer the tiniest details to each customers.
- Tracking shipment gets easier. Both your customer and you can easily track where the parcel is at during its transit.
- It is easier to automate a feedback form to your customer once they receive your product. Trust me 5 out of 10 customers respond to your automated email. Yay!!! Customer support system in place.
- Payments gets easier. The amount seamlessly gets deposited to your bank account.You dont have to follow up with your customers on payments. And you can maintain your bookkeeping just once in a month. And year end audits get even more easier.
- It is easier to impress a new customer. Often in discussion groups, we get to see moms asking for sources. All you have to do is to share your link and let the sale happen on its own. Customer acquisition is easy.
- It is easier to put all your online channels in one space. Say you are active on Instagram, Facebook page and YouTube. You can cross promote your online space to your customers. This way they signup across all your channels.
- And say God forbid if Facebook changes its algorithm overnight, your entire sales might see a dip. But Good news for you, your website is yours and your sales will not fluctuate when any of algorithm changes. It helps you in the long run.
- Customers trust sales from a website than a Facebook seller they meet online. It comes across as a legit sale. You are not just making a sale. You are building a brand and building trust.
Are you convinced? Good. Now go check if your business name has a domain left for you to take.
Meanwhile here is my newsletter link, signup here to receive exclusive news on business related articles😊