|A couple of things to remember about tantrums
- Tantrums are healthy. It is developmentally appropriate.
- Gentle parenting is not permissive parenting. It is not about saying yes all the time.
- Boundaries are needed. Children need consistency and certain rules like a safe anchor in a storming sea.
- They look for a stable adult. Even if you say no and hold your grounds. You are their safe anchor.
- Not rationalizing or making logical explanations at the moment. Teachable moments come later when calm.
1. Allowing feelings. Aka being okay with temper tantrums
2. Acknowledging feelings. I know you are disappointed that you don’t get tv for breakfast
3. Sitting in the discomfort – You can’t hit me. But I am here if you need me.
4. Allowing connection through other ways. Here we are playing a little ziggy Zaggy .And then talking about it