Well hello, this morning I listened to Anjana’s podcast and I had this itch to add my two cents to it.
If you ask me, I do not detest Instagram except for the fact that it sucks a lot of time. A LOT of time.
Btw, how much time does one have?
Anyways, I can’t really quit the app.
It has been the easiest and quickest income generating platform for me.
I have a separate post about it . Click here.
The next sane thing to do, is to use it wisely.
Here is what I did.
1. Unfollow accounts which do not spark joy. Yup, Mary Kondo applies here as well.
2. Muted accounts who you cannot unfollow. We all have our reasons for that 😉
3. Mute stories. Some accounts do make a lot of sense on their posts than stories.
I follow like some 20-30 accounts and I just watch their stories. For me they either have to post- informative or relatable or entertaining or eye-candy pictures or the account should have an interesting personality around.
Rest is all mute-mute-mute.
4. Logged out every time I wasn’t using the app. During the first few weeks, I was surprised to see how many times I opened the app just out of sheer thumb practice.
5. Respond to messages in one go. From the laptop. That way you aren’t ignoring your inbox, neither are you spending hours responding to the messages.
6. Saved the best point for the last. I have this tagline now, Create More, Consume Less.
In the past I had forgotten that I am more of a content creator than a consumer. Taking it one day at a time to create more 🙂
What do you think? Do you spend more time on Instagram too? Or is it just me?