While I did that, I realized that many bloggers insisted on teaching graph work for their children. I did more digging to understand why graph work for kindergarten students? Infact, I did my first graph work during my 8 th or 9th std. So why start it early?
Here is why:
- One of the easiest early math skill – for learning less than, more than and equal too concepts, or about most and least,to compare and contrast objects.
- They learn to sort, classify/categorize, count and analyze. For now, we are talking only about bar graph.
- Take a masking tape or washi tape to mark boundaries on the floor. Or you can use a simple paper , scale and marker like I did.
- Use objects that you have at home. Like sorting cars,building blocks or gems packet based on colours, fruits and vegetables from the kitchen(7 ladies fingers, 2 carrots etc) , graph cashew nuts, dry grapes or anything you fancy.
- For older children, there are many free printables out there that can be used. Remember: first concrete to abstract .
Fun Fact : Have been reading about data science and machine learning lately and statistics plays a vital part in it. I personally think, farming and artificial intelligence will be the future. I digress.
Anyways, when you do graphing at home, don’t forget to tag me on instagram or facebook. Now please comment and share this post with your friends 🙂