You all know how much I love Montessori schools.
So, when I was invited by @oyster_montessori school I did a little happy dance.
I have visited the school twice before I could share my thoughts here.
The first time I met Charanya, the founder of the school she walked me through the school philosophies and how they focus on a holistic approach of learning.
They focus on 4 keys of learning – Arts, Dramatics, Yoga and Nutrition.
Charanya was working with the Montessori Accreditation, she visited schools and assessed them before issuing the license.
With all her experience, she then started her own school Oyster Montessori 7 years back.
The second time I went in for a work cycle observation while the children worked on their Montessori materials. And this was my favt part 😊
Now let me get into what I liked about Oyster Montessori School
1. They do have a perfect adult – child ratio; one Montessori adult to 10 children in the classroom
2. The classrooms are spacious and ventilated, making movement very easy for small children
4. They have a separate room and a bed for children who like to take a small nap
5. The school believes in teaching yoga to young children. The calm, clean and bright space is perfect for mini yoga sessions for our tiny tots 6. The focus is also on the artwork. The day I visited, children were doing one of the Van Gogh inspired paintings. The children did everything from scratch including cutting the strips.
7. They also had a solar system model and the adults were explaining children about the sun and night concepts. You can look at those curious faces grasping information like a sponge.
8. They focus on nutritional food and provide children with snacks, it is home-made as well. Isn’t it good 😊
Overall, I love the school and the passion driven school administration. The school caters to toddlers and primary children.
If you are in and around Alwarpet, or your friends are looking for a Montessori school in Alwarpet – then this place could be your first choice.
You can never go wrong with this one.
P.S: They do have a mother – toddler program coming up this August. Please comment on this post and I will send you across the details.
So, if you are a new mom and if you live in Chennai- then please watch out this space for more details.
Contact Details: No.14, Ananda Road,
Near Abhiramapuram Police Station,
Tamil Nadu 600018
Instagram Account – CLICK HERE.