I remember my then toddler, waiting at the doorstep for me to come home from work. Some days he would even sniff my home clothes and hold them to feel my comfort, I was told.
Those days were tough on me. I didn’t know better that Quality time was more important than the quantity we spent together.
I look forward to going back to work. And I have been saving this copy for that day to come.
What I like:
- The watercolor illustrations
- The rhyming texts
- Focus on the simple day to day events that a mom and child can do together after work hours.
- Its gender neutral unlike other books I have come across.
- So comforting to toddlers that mom will come back home after work. Will help with separation anxiety.
What could have been better:
- The book seems to be a little bigger in size for a children’s book. Comes across like a coffee table book.
- Some parts of the text sound outdated and westernized.
Nevertheless, I have fallen in love with those yellow old like pages and will pass on this copy to my grandchildren. It is precious.