Lol https://erektile-apotheke.de/vi…auen/! little did I know that I would have to keep pushing the tricycle for a very loooonnng time.
As my son grew he was least interested with his tricycle.
I tried to read about how to make the child fancy his Tricycle and started to discuss with other moms about this, that is when I got to know about balance bike. Until then I never knew such a thing existed, even today I can see many parents are not aware about BB.
At that point, all I heard was great reviews but most of them never owned and couldn’t vouch for it 100%.
Most of the reviews in India were based on Manufacture reviews and not many real User reviews.
With a little bit of hesitation we got my son his Balance Bike in 2015 when he was 2 years old. Back then it cost us 4k, slightly pricier than we had expected.
We had ours picked directly from the Brilrider factory itself. You can now buy the same from the internet.Link here.
Anyways, now to the point I wanted to share.
It took a little longer for my son to get used to the bike. Initially, it was just like walking while you hold the handle bar.
Whenever we took the bike outside, people always gave us that weird look. Clearly the reason was the ‘missing pedals’. If you plan to buy a BB after reading this post, be prepared to face the ‘what is that?’ look
I’d like to quickly brief on why you need this balance bike. I know 4k is a lot of money, but it is worth every penny.
- It is lighweight and fits snuggly in your car boot. You can take it to the beach, to the grandparents’ home, or just anywhere you want to.
- Again, because of its lightweight, the kid could lift the bike himself. It comes to your rescue when your hands are busy. I found this to be super helpful when we had a newborn at home and my son would help himself with the balance bike to the park.
- No brakes. And those tiny legs act as brakes. This has prevented so many mishaps in our apartment when there are many other kids using our apartment driving space.
- Children focus at one skill at a time. They first learn to steer, then to balance and then to be aware of the surroundings they ride in. This information is from sugar spice and glitter website.
- After so many years, it is still sturdy and will be ready for the younger sibling to start his journey in the BB
They are on the pricier side compared to tricycles. But hey don’t we want the best for our children? And the looks you get – you will get used to it 🙂
P .S : This post is not sponsored by Brilrider. I love this balance bike to bits, that I had to share this joy to others.
Join us on Instagram for our day to day updates 🙂