Why read children’s books as adults?
Have you once read a children’s book and wondered aloud ‘Hey, this message is not just for children, It is also written for me’. Dejavu?
That was me when I read the book ‘After the fall ‘. Anyways my point being, children’s books are for adults as well. And I am going to convince you why you should read more of it – for yourself.
1. Because they are fun 😉
2. Because it has wonderful messages – inspirational and gives you all the good vibes. They make you a better person after a short read.
3. You can have all those book discussions with your children. You will be that parent who can connect with their children over books. Cool, much?
4. They are easy and quick to read and makes for that perfect bedtime book. It won’t keep you through the night.
5. Your children start modelling you. Of course, it is the same when you read an adult book. But this one is even more relatable.
6. You can cover a variety of genres – biographies, fiction, non-fiction, thrillers, comics and much more. I have never read biographies in my previous life, but with all the ‘Who was’ books we have, I think I have it all covered.
7. You become a child again. I know it sounds silly, but you need to read a children’s book for yourself to understand what I am talking about.
Let’s talk. Tell me if you had a similar feeling when you read a children’s book?
What is the book title? If this sounds new to you, will you pick up your little one’s book after they sleep?
If you like this post, please share it with your friends who love books 🙂